Friday, November 7, 2008

Grandson at Fourteen

It seems unbelievable that fourteen years ago Tuesday my first grandchild was born. I was a young grandmother at 44 and loved every minute of it. (well, almost every minute) I remember being at my mother's birthday that day at my aunt's house. We were all there talking and singing happy birthday but I had a really hard time paying attention because I was thinking of how long my daughter had been in labor and wondering what was going on. I finally left the party and sure enough that is when the call came that Forrest Brewster had been born. He was the most beautiful baby I had seen for a very long time (since my last child had been born) and I say that with no predjudice. I have loved being a grandmother and seeing that little bundle grow up. Fourteen years old is when, in many societies a boy becomes a man and I could not be prouder of the young man he has become. Fourteen years has flown by and now he is taller than me. Happy Birthday to my first grandchild.

1 comment:

Tofu said...

Forrest enjoyed listening to mom read the blog. It was really nice of you to write that whole thing about him.